OKStars Summer Research Program
The OKStars Summer Research Program provides high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research. The program includes in-depth work with a research team, access to modern instrumentation and potential opportunities to participate in publications and presentations.
OKStars 2020 has been canceled due to Covid-19. We look forward to resuming in 2021. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
- Participate in a research atmosphere that is usually reserved for graduate students
- Work with a faculty mentor and research team
- Access a range of modern equipment and facilities
- Participate in Research Day at OSU Center for Health Sciences.
June 3 to July 15, 2020.
- Fill out the online application
- Request a current high school transcript be submitted to email@example.com
Application deadline is April 17.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility Requirements -
Students applying to the OKStars Summer Research Program must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA in a rigorous high school curriculum
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Meet any other requirements are listed on the application form
Research Focus Areas -
- Forensic Sciences: DNA/Biology, Toxicology, Psychology
- Biomedical Sciences: Anatomy, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Vertebrate Paleontology
- Data Mining: Statistics, Data Analytics and Innovation, Rural Health Trends
- Athletic Training
Application Decision -
All applications will be reviewed by an OSU Center for Health Sciences’ faculty selection committee, and decisions will be based on merit, taking into account all information provided by applicants. Decisions are expected to be made by early May.
Participant Responsibilities -
The summer research experience is extensive and each scholar is expected to:
- Participate between 25-30 hours per week (Monday through Friday) during the program duration.
- Schedules can be flexible depending on the faculty and medical student mentor. Applicants should be aware of the requirements and time commitments.
- Participants are required to attend weekly lunches and discussions. Details regarding lunches and discussions will be provided at orientation.
All program fees will be covered by OSU Center for Health Sciences at no cost to the student.
Housing and Transportation -
Housing and transportation are not provided.