Skip to main content

Student Resources FAQ

What should I do if I become ill, exhibit symptoms or think I might have been exposed to the Coronavirus?  

Contact Erika Teel, Student Health Nurse, at 918-281-2755 or email Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and she will provide furthur guidance and resources. Please note, all calls received after business hours or on the weekend will not be returned until the next business day.


If it is after hours or on the weekend, please email and answer the following questions:

  • Are you a student or employee?
  • If an employee, which department or clinic do you work at and where is your workspace located? 
  • Do you feel you have had contact with a confirmed case or are you feeling symptomatic? Explain.
  • What is a good call back number?


I have an underlying health issue. What should I do? 

Contact the Student Health Nurse Erika Teel at 918-281-2755 and follow her instructions.  


I need to speak to a counselorWhat behavioral health resources are available to students during this time? 

  • OSU-CHS Counseling: Students may access OSU-CHS Counseling Services remotely via zoom or teleconferencing. Confidential counseling sessions for students are available free of charge. Appointments may be scheduled at 
  • Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741 to receive help today. The Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support and information via a medium people already use and trust: text.
  • 24/7 Guidance ResourcesGuidance Resources (1-866-519-8354) offers solutions to work life integration, 24/7 phone counseling, and access to 10 free in person counseling sessions in your area. Go to  and use the student web ID: OKSTATESAP 


If I am exposed to someone with COVID-19, how long should I quaratine? 

While the CDC still recommends the optimal quarantine time of 14 days from exposure, people can shorten that quarantine time to 7 days if they recieve a negative COVID-19 test or 10 days without a negative test and no symptoms.


Whom may I contact if I have other questions?   

Angela Bacon, ABD, MS, Interim Assistant Dean of Student Life  

Phone: 918.561.1880 



Where can I get additional information regarding the COVID-19?  

Additional information may be found at the following sites:  

The US State Department

World Health Organization

Center for Disease Control and Prevention 

Johns Hopkins Coronavirus COVID-19 Map 

OSU University Health Services  

Back To Top