Student Resources FAQ
What should I do if I become ill, exhibit symptoms or think I might have been exposed to the Coronavirus?
Contact Erika Teel, Student Health Nurse, at 918-281-2755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and she will provide furthur guidance and resources. Please note, all calls received after business hours or on the weekend will not be returned until the next business day.
If it is after hours or on the weekend, please email email@example.com and answer the following questions:
- Are you a student or employee?
- If an employee, which department or clinic do you work at and where is your workspace located?
- Do you feel you have had contact with a confirmed case or are you feeling symptomatic? Explain.
- What is a good call back number?
I am a third- or fourth-year student on rotations, what happens if my site cancels my rotation or I am sent home?
Please refer to the COVID-19 Student Rotation Plan and continue to keep yourself apprised of any updates via email.
I have an underlying health issue. What should I do?
Contact the Student Health Nurse Erika Teel at 918-281-2755 and follow her instructions.
I need to speak to a counselor. What behavioral health resources are available to students during this time?
- OSU-CHS Counseling: Students may access OSU-CHS Counseling Services remotely via zoom or teleconferencing. Confidential counseling sessions for students are available free of charge. Appointments may be scheduled at https://chscounselingservices.as.me.
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741 to receive help today. The Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support and information via a medium people already use and trust: text.
- 24/7 Guidance Resources: Guidance Resources (1-866-519-8354) offers solutions to work life integration, 24/7 phone counseling, and access to 10 free in person counseling sessions in your area. Go to guidanceresources.com and use the student web ID: OKSTATESAP
- For more information and resources, please visit https://health.okstate.edu/centernet/behavioral-health.html
If I am exposed to someone with COVID-19, how long should I quaratine?
While the CDC still recommends the optimal quarantine time of 14 days from exposure, people can shorten that quarantine time to 7 days if they recieve a negative COVID-19 test or 10 days without a negative test and no symptoms.
I’m having a hard time engaging in healthy behaviors while at home. Do you have any resources or activities we can participate in?
The Department of Wellness is continuing to offer many different programs and services remotely. To stay up-to-date with their offerings be sure to join the Facebook Group OSU-CHS Wellness.
What are the current student travel advisories?
The University strongly encourages students to exercise caution with regard to personal travel. Individuals who return from international travel must contact the Occupational Health Nurse at 918-281-2755 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., for screening questions and be prepared to self-isolate for 14 days.
Whom may I contact if I have other questions?
Angela Bacon, ABD, MS, Interim Assistant Dean of Student Life
Where can I get additional information regarding the COVID-19?
Additional information may be found at the following sites: