Dr. Pete Pre-Med Summer Internship
The Dr. Pete Pre-Med Summer Internship is designed for undergraduate students underrepresented
interested in healthcare.
The purpose of the program is to prepare students from disadvantaged and underrepresented backgrounds to be more competitive applicants for medical school.
Students will observe in a variety of clinical settings in the Tulsa area starting June 7 - August 13, 2021.* Students will learn about Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, Orthopedics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal Medicine and Family Medicine. Additionally, a workshop will be offered to students to discuss the application process, helpful tips to prepare for medical school and a chance to interact with OSU-COM student doctors.
*Dates may vary by location.
The internship is free to all participants.
The internship is for rising undergraduate juniors, seniors and non-traditional students who are interested in a career in medicine.
- Students must have reliable transportation to travel between locations. Housing will not be provided.
- Students must provide current shot records and a TB skin test.
- Students must attend an online Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPPA) training.
- Students must attend orientation for OSU clinics/hospital and local clinics prior to starting.
- Students must adhere to COVID-19 guidelines.
- Students must dress professionally and act professional at all times.
Applications are due by May 14 at 5pm (CST). Immunization records and paperwork must be finalized and approved by May 24, 2021.
Healthcare in the Heartland
June 3 at the OSU at CN Campus from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
19500 E. Ross Street / Tahlequah, OK 74464
June 8 in Durant at the Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Russell Building Auditorium, Room 300, 425 W. University Blvd, from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.