Forensic Toxicology and Trace Laboratory
Clinical Laboratory Services
OSU Forensic Toxicology and Trace Laboratory provides high complexity toxicology testing for prescription compliance in patient
urine specimens. View a list of available tests here.
Please contact the laboratory for information regarding patient testing or lab-to-lab reference agreements. This is a COLA-accredited reference laboratory.
The Forensic Toxicology and Trace Laboratory is part of the School of Forensic Sciences at the OSU Center for Health Sciences. The lab is approximately 4000 square feet.
The lab contains the following instrumentation:
- LC/MS/MS: Shimadzu, SCIEX and Waters systems
- GC/MS Agilent systems
- IC/EC Thermo Dionex systems
- Benchtop IR
- Portable Raman and IR: Thermo RMX and FT
The OSU Forensic Toxicology and Trace Laboratory has several primary research interests, including:
- Analytical method development and validation in forensic toxicology and trace chemistry
- Analytical method development and validation in clinical toxicology applications
- Working in conjunction with the Center for Fire and Explosives Effects (CENFEX), also located at OSU-CHS
Students participate in research as part of their graduate education in the OSU School of Forensic Sciences. Learn more about current and completed student research projects here.
One of the core areas of the Forensic Toxicology and Trace Laboratory is clandestine laboratory research and training. Onsite synthesis courses are available for law enforcement clients.
Web-based familiarization training has been developed with the support of the National Institute of Justice. To request access to the laboratory recognition for forensic scientists training course, please fill out this form.