Graduate Programs Alumni
What can you do with a Graduate Degree from the OSU Center for Health Sciences?
Allow us to introduce you to some of our alumni and the incredible careers they hold.
Whether you pursue a graduate certificate, a master's, or a Ph.D. degree, by choosing
OSU-CHS you have set course for a career filled with personal and professional satisfaction.
Our graduates not only work across the country, but across the globe. Our graduates
hold a variety of careers from college presidents to full-time faculty, administrators,
and entry level professional positions. Alumni from the Center for Health Sciences
utilize the knowledge, skills, and experience they developed in our programs.
"The HCA program is an excellent choice for the non-traditional student. This program allowed me to continue working my full-time position as a Medical Laboratory Scientist while completing 2-3 classes per semester. Nearing my program completion an opportunity arose to apply for a position that required a higher level of educational experience than I would have previously qualified for. I believe this program has also set a solid foundation for my completion of a second ASCP certification for the DLM or Diplomat of Laboratory Management. I look forward to applying this knowledge towards the passing of this certification exam and adding it to my accomplishments."
Senior Director, Laboratory Services for Cherokee Nation Health Services
Master of Science in Health Care Administration - Graduated Spring 2020
- Additional Education:
- B.S. Chemistry - Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, Ok - 2006
- B.S. Medical Laboratory Sciences - UAMS, Little Rock, Ar - 2013, graduated with honors
- Board of Certification Test passed and Registration obtained Jan 2014 with ASCP as Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Promoted from MLS to Admin in 2019
- I am an advocate for the Laboratory Sciences, if you have any questions about this educational pathway or the MHA program, please feel free to contact me - Ashleyfirstname.lastname@example.org
"As a graduate of the Forensic Sciences program who is above the average student age, I am pleased to say that the administrative track not only was uncomplicated to plan and execute, but also included courses that related directly to my current position as President of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, AAFS. The program afforded me increased knowledge of the eleven disciplines found within the AAFS and helped me better understand their needs and challenges. My experience at OSU, from the dedicated and caring professors, to the staff who were always willing to answer questions, was not only rewarding but also enjoyable!"
Carl R. McClary
President, American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS)
Forensic Document Examiner, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) Forensic Science Laboratory, Atlanta, Georgia
- Additional Education:
- BA in Psychology, 1982 University of South Carolina
- Kenneth S. Field Award of Appreciation, American Academy of Forensic Sciences, 2021
- Forensic Science Award, ASTM International, 2008
- Ordway Hilton Award, American Academy of Forensic Sciences, 2006
"OSU-CHS is home for me, moving here in 2014 straight from Nigeria and knowing no one in Tulsa, I was welcomed as a family member and have remained a member of the OSU family ever since. I went through the Biomedical Sciences program, taking higher-level courses that prepared me really well for the rigorous curriculum of medical school. The program also exposed me to the highest level of quality research and taught me research skills that have been useful in many research projects. After my biomedical science degree, I enrolled in the Healthcare Administration program and pursued the Healthcare Leadership and Entrepreneurship Track. This program equipped me with leadership and entrepreneurship skills that have been quite useful throughout my career. These skills gave me the opportunity to work as a Project Manager alongside some bright minds at the Center for Health Systems Innovations. Together, we developed several innovative programs to serve rural Oklahoma including the OSU-CHSI/Pfizer Smoking Cessation Telehealth Program that allows patients to request smoking cessation medications online and have them delivered to their homes. OSU-CHS is my home and I’m honored to be a part of this family. GO POKES!!!"
Mopileola Tomi Adewumi
Osteopathic Medical Student (IV)
MS Biomedical Sciences - Graduated May 2016 & MS Healthcare Administration - Graduated Dec 201
- Outstanding Health Care Administration Graduate Student of the Year Award (May 2018)
- 2021 National Student Doctor of the Year Award, Runner Up - AACOM’s Council of Osteopathic Student Government Presidents, Bethesda, MD
- Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Student Doctor of the Year 2020 - 2021
- Gold Award Winner, Translating Osteopathic Understanding into Community Health (Touch) 2019-2020
- Board Advisor, Digital Natives Advisors for Kaiser Permanente Bernard Tyson School of Medicine
- National Co-Chairperson, International Affairs Committee, Student National Medical Association (2021 - 2022)
- Co-Developer OSU-CHSI/Pfizer Smoking Cessation Telehealth Program