Rural Medical Track
The Rural Medical Track prepares medical students for a rural primary care residency and a successful practice in rural or underserved Oklahoma. The rural medical track offers unique learning opportunities for motivated students to fully develop their skills, knowledge and abilities to succeed in a challenging practice environment.
A key facet of the rural medical track is rural-based clinical education. Beginning with a rural physician shadowing experience after the first year of medical school, students in the rural medical track have the opportunity to complete most of their required clinical education in a rural setting. Students work side-by-side with rural physicians learning the skills and performing the tasks necessary for a successful rural practice.
- Rural Medical Track Admissions Information
- Rural Medical Track (RMT) Application
- Rural Medical Track Applicant Scoring Rubric
- Community Clinic Syllabus
- Rural Medical Track Selectives Syllabus
- Rural Medical Track Sub-Internship Syllabus
- Tribal Medical Track