Addiction Medicine Fellowship
About the Program
Samuel Martin, M.D.
Dr. Samuel Martin is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at OSU-CHS. He completed his medical training and general psychiatry residency at the University of Oklahoma. He is board certified in psychiatry and addiction medicine. He has interest in treating individuals with addictive disorders and co-morbid psychiatric disorders. He has provided education on multiple addiction topics including pharmacology of addictive substances, screening for addictive illnesses, pharmacologic treatment of addictive disorders, and psychotherapeutic treatment of addictive disorders. He is director of Addiction Medicine at OSU and leads the OSU Addiction Medicine ECHO program. He has provided addiction and psychiatric care to adults receiving detoxification and residential treatment services at 12 & 12 since 2011. He became Medical Director at 12 & 12 in 2016.
- Jason Beaman., M.S., M.P.H., FAPA
Jason Beaman., M.S., M.P.H., FAPA
Dr. Jason Beaman graduated medical school from Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences. He then completed two simultaneous residencies in Psychiatry and Family Medicine.
After residency, Dr. Beaman completed a fellowship in Forensic Psychiatry at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. He holds board certifications in Family Medicine, Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, and Addiction Medicine. After Fellowship, Dr. Beaman completed a Master’s Degree in Pharmacology with an emphasis in Forensics at the University of Florida. He also obtained a Master’s in Public Health from Johns Hopkins University.
Dr. Beaman currently serves as the Chair of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, as well as the Executive Director of Training and Education for the National Center for Wellness & Recovery.
- Raymond Denny, D.O.
Raymond Denny, D.O.
Dr. Denny is an Osteopathic physician originally trained in Orthopedic Surgery with subspecialty designation in Addiction Medicine. Dr. Denny completed fellowship training in Addiction Medicine / Pain Management through the University of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine. Currently a Clinical Assistant Professor with Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences in Addiction Medicine. He practices Addiction Medicine in an inpatient and outpatient setting in Tulsa Oklahoma. Special interest in working with health care Professionals who may be struggling with substance use disorder.
- Kelly Dunn, M.D.
Kelly Dunn, M.D.
Dr. Dunn currently serves as Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at OSU Center for Health Sciences. She received her medical degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine and completed her Psychiatry Residency at OU-Tulsa. She enjoys seeing lives transformed with holistic, evidence-based addiction treatment providing not only medication-assisted treatment for addiction, but also treatment for problems that lead to addiction at OSU's new Addiction Medicine Specialty Clinic. She is also passionate about Physician and Trainee Well-being, working to help teach and care for Residents and Students at OSU-CHS so they can have fulfilling, resilient lifelong careers.
- Tiffany Bartel, D.O.
Tiffany Bartel, D.O.
Medical School: Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine College
Major: University of Oklahoma, Microbiology, minor in Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Rachel Wirginis, D.O.
Rachel Wirginis, D.O.
Medical School: OSU CHS Undergrad
- OSU Addiction Medicine Specialty Clinic: Fellows will participate in patient care in our free-standing clinic, located on the campus of 12&12, Inc. in Tulsa, OK. The clinic offers a full range of recovery services including medication assisted treatment, ambulatory detoxification, buprenorphine induction, intensive outpatient therapy, individual substance use counseling, and case management.
- 12&12: Fellows will participate in detoxification and residential treatment services at 12&12, a free standing addiction treatment center in Tulsa, OK. 12&12 offers a wide range of addiction recovery services including physician supervised detoxification, residential substance use treatment, partial hospitalization, and transitional living services.
- OSU Medical Center: Fellows will provide addiction medicine consultation and liaison services at the OSU Medical Center in Tulsa, OK. The OSU Medical Center is an academic medical center with a wide range of medical specialties.
- Fellows will participate in Addiction Medicine Project ECHO is a platform that provides education and treatment recommendations to other providers in distant and underserved communities
- Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in events and initiatives offered by the National Center for Wellness & Recovery
- Research Opporutnities
The fellowship start date for the upcoming academic year will be July 1, 2021. Applications are on a rolling basis starting Oct 18, 2021 and applications will be through the ERAS
The application and its components may be mailed or sent via email to the Addiction
Medicine Fellowship Coordinator, Camillia Estes.
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency training program.
- Board certified or planning to become board certified (board eligible) during the fellowship year in one of the following specialties: anesthesiology, emergency medicine, family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, preventative medicine, or psychiatry.
- For applicants with allopathic training (M.D. degree), must complete 40 hours of osteopathic manipulative medicine training prior to initiating the fellowship.
- For international trainees, must have an active or be qualified to get an H-1B visa.
- Must be qualified to get an Oklahoma medical license as well as Oklahoma and federal controlled substance prescribing certificates (OBNDD, DEA).
- Must be eligible to be a Medicaid and Medicare provider.
Fellows will pay a portion of their monthly health insurance premium plan selected by the medical center.
- Sick and vacation leave
- Employee medical/dental insurance available
- Family medical and dental available
- Optional retirement program
- Moonlighting available for fully-licensed residents per program policy
- Research opportunities available