How To Apply
Students are advised to begin the application process by June 1 of the year before they plan to begin medical school.
1. Take the MCAT
OSU-COM only accepts MCAT scores earned within three years of the deadline for submitting the AACOMAS application for the application cycle.
Scores from the MCAT must be on file before an interview will be granted.
2. Submit the AACOMAS (American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application System) Application
- Deadline: Feb. 28 (AACOMAS starts processing applications June 15)
- Fee: $196, payable to AACOMAS
- Complete applications include all undergraduate transcripts.
- Allow 4-6 weeks for AACOMAS to process a complete application to OSU-COM.
- More information can be found on ChooseDO.org.
3. Submit the OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine Supplemental Application
- Deadline: March 30
- Fee: $65
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application before the deadline, as the admissions process operates on a rolling basis
- Those applicants receiving a fee waiver for the AACOMAS application will also receive a fee waiver for the supplemental application.
- OSU-COM encourages all applicants to submit the supplemental application. Applicants will receive an e-mail containing a link to the application once we have received your AACOMAS application.
- Applicants have an opportunity to indicate their campus preference (either Center
for Health Sciences or Cherkoee Nation) on
the supplemental application. Accepted students will provide a final campus selection at the time admission is offered.
4. Submit Letters of Recommendation
- Deadline: March 30
- Letters should be submitted via AACOMAS. If an applicant is unable to submit evaluations through the AACOMAS letters may then be sent directly to OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine from the applicant portal, the evaluator or via Liasion, Interfolio or VirtualEvals.
The applicant may choose between the two tracks below:
- One letter from a college or university pre-professional/pre-med committee
- Two letters from faculty
Letters sent by mail should be addressed to:
OSU Center for Health Sciences
College of Osteopathic Medicine
1111 W. 17th St.
Tulsa, OK 74107-1898
5. Take CASPer situational judgement test
1. Scores from the CASPer test are not required at the time of application or interview but must be on file before an admissions decision is made.
6. Participate in an On-Campus Interview
On-campus interviews are conducted by clinical and biomedical faculty and are by invitation only. Interviews begin in September and conclude in April.
The following information must be on file before an interview is considered:
- MCAT Scores
- Completed AACOMAS application, including undergraduate transcripts
- Completed OSU-COM supplemental application
- One letter of recommendation from a physician (D.O. preferred)
- One pre-professional committee letter of recommendation OR two letters of recommendation from faculty (see #4 above)
Applicants invited for a personal interview must participate to qualify for further consideration. Interview results are considered along with other data submitted in determining which applicants have demonstrated appropriate levels of scholarship, aptitude and motivation for admission to the program.