Human Identity (DNA) Testing Laboratory
The Human Identity Testing Laboratory at OSU Center for Health Sciences conducts DNA
testing for use in civil or criminal court cases or for personal reasons. We are accredited
by the AABB for relationship testing and follow the organization’s standards to ensure
accurate and reliable DNA test results.
DNA typing is the most powerful genetic testing method available and can be used for
a variety of purposes, including:
- Determining if an individual is a biological parent of a child or children, which
can be useful in child custody, child support or parental rights cases
- Identifying biological relationships between a child and a possible grandparent, aunt,
uncle or other relative for personal or legal reasons, such as inheritance or immigration
- Finding out if an individual is related to another
- Seeking the answer to whether twins are identical or fraternal
- Verify kinship to registered member of Native American tribe.
OSU Human Identity Testing Laboratory