Athletic Training Admissions Information
Priority Review of Applications Begin
Final Application Deadline.
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED.
Notice: Due to the coronavirus pandemic, many institutions are allowing their students the opportunity to take coursework in a Pass/No Pass format. The Athletic Training Department has decided to accept courses taken in the Pass/No Pass format for the Spring, Summer, and Fall 2020 Semesters. This includes prerequisite coursework if completed with a grade of “Pass.”
How to Apply
The OSU Master of Athletic Training program application is a two-step process.
- Submit an online application through the OSU Graduate College
- Complete all supplemental application documentation and mail to:
Dr. Jennifer Volberding
OSU Center for Health Sciences
1111 W 17th St.
Tulsa, OK 74107
- Submission of online application through the OSU Graduate College or the ATCAS portal
- Submission of all supplemental documentation materials by mail or via ATCAS portal
- 3.0 GPA
- “B” in all prerequisite coursework listed below
- 50 hours of observation under a certified athletic trainer
Undergraduate students can choose any major as long as the prerequisite coursework is completed prior to beginning the master’s program.
- General Chemistry
- General Physics
- Elementary Statistics
- Principles of Nutrition
- Applied Anatomy
- Medical Terminology
- Physiology of Exercise
- Human Physiology
Supplemental Documentation Materials
- Consent for possession of medical records
- Criminal background check
- OSU ATP health history
- Technical standards and assumption of risk
- Observation hours report
- OSHA respirator medical evaluation questionnaire
Application Review Process
Final selection for admission into the formal athletic training program is determined by objective evaluation of all documentation. Students are notified of their acceptance/ rejection no later than March 15.
Acceptance is contingent upon the student being in compliance with the curriculum’s policies and procedures, receiving a satisfactory background check, meeting the technical standards, successfully completing the physical assessment and obtaining all immunizations required of health care professionals.
Tuition and Fees
Find information on tuition, fees and financial aid information here.
OUT OF STATE SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE. PLEASE CONTACT PROGRAM FOR MORE INFORMATION.