Cowboy Guardian App
Turn your phone into a personal safety device with Cowboy Guardian
With this app you can:
- Set a Safety Timer – Notify OSU-CHS Police to check in on you if you are walking to your car or traveling on campus..
- Manage and Message Your Guardians – Invite family, friends, or others to be your Guardian, and communicate with them within the app as needed. Your primary guardian is OSU-CHS Police.
- Easy Emergency Communication – Call OSU-CHS Police directly for help if you are in trouble. Send text tips – including photos – if you see something suspicious.
- Set up a safety timer
With the Safety Timer, your status and location are available to OSU-CHS Police. Set it up when you are walking to your car, traveling on campus, or any other time you would like OSU-CHS Police to check in with you.
OSU-CHS Police will be notified if your timer expires. Remember to deactivate it when you are safe.
- Emergency and tip communication
Call Campus Safety – If you are in trouble on campus, you can easily call your campus safety organization. You can also send a text tip – including photos – where available.
9-1-1 Emergency – Make an emergency 9-1-1 call to your local Police department.
(Note: image is not actual button.)
The Safety Strip – This tool ensures that the app’s functions are always readily available. Just tap or pull up the Shield icon when you need it.
- Connect with your guardians
Your Guardians look out for you – and you look out for them. Add and message Guardians in addition to OSU-CHS Police just like you do with your Contacts. You can easily communicate directly or via group messaging with those you trust – including the ability to send photos.
If one of your Guardians' Safety Timer has run out, you will be notified by the app, and you will be able to easily check in with that person to see if they are OK. You will also be able to see the location of their phone on a map.
Check out our frequently asked questions for more information about Cowboy Guardian.