Recruitment and Support
Increase the number of competitive American Indian applicants to OSU-CHS graduate and medical programs through structured activities developed with tribal and institutional partners as part of an educational path - Native Pathways Programs aimed to increase awareness of medical and science careers among high school students and increase preparedness of OSU-COM applicants through academic and financial support programs.
Native Pathway (NP) Programs
Follow a three-pronged approach to recruit, train and retain AI/AN in medicine and science:
- Increase awareness of health care and science careers among high school students and introduce them to biomedical research
- Train and prepare college students in biomedical sciences research and improve their competitiveness for professional and graduate programs
- Retain students engaged in these pathway programs through all admissions options including bridge, guaranteed admissions program, and 3+1 program with partner institutions.
High School Programs
Accepting Applications for 2024 (deadline is February 1, 2024)
- Native Explorers: Application
- Native Explorers STEMM Summer Internship: Application
- Southwest Oklahoma Tribal Health Internship: Application
- Native American Pre-Admissions Workshop: Application