- CASPA Application Opens: April 28th, 2023
- CASPA Application Closes: October 1st, 2023
The Program does not utilize rolling admissions.
Due to the competitive nature of the Physician Assistant Program, the completion of admission requirements and pre-requisites does not guarantee an applicant will be awarded an interview.
OSU-CHS PA Program Application
1. Complete CASPA application - https://caspa.liaisoncas.com
- Application includes three letters of recommendation and two personal essays
2. Pay supplemental application fee and answer background questions for the Oklahoma State University Graduate College: https://grad.okstate.edu/register/PASu24
3. Complete Altus Suite – assessment of non-cognitive skills
- Register here: takealtus.com
- Includes Casper: 60-90 minute online, open-response situational judgement test (SJT)
- Select Oklahoma State University under Physician Assistant Programs
- Scores are valid for one application cycle
4. Interview (if awarded)
- Interviews occur after each application cycle closes
- A Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Must be completed prior to matriculation but can be in progress at the time of application
- Minimum total cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (as calculated by CASPA)
- Pre-Requisite courses (list available here)
- Must be completed with a grade of B- or above
- All pre-requisite courses must be completed by December 31st of the year of application
- All in progress courses must be listed on CASPA transcript input
- Advanced Placement/CLEP credit can be counted for pre-requisite courses if the credit has been accepted by an institution and is listed your official transcript
Admission preference is given to Oklahoma residents. The OSU PA program values diversity and gives admission preference to the following qualities that contribute to the diversity of the program: living or raised in a geographically underserved area, first generation college students, military service, and underrepresented groups in medicine.
Preference is also given to applicants that show:
- Academic Excellence
- Including Cumulative GPA, Science GPA, and Higher Education Degrees
- Community Service
- Extracurricular Activities
- Healthcare Experience
- Healthcare Shadowing
- Leadership Roles
- Students who embody the mission of the institution and would elect to practice health care in a rural or medically underserved area
The Program does not require a minimum number of hours in any one category.
Offers of admission to the Physician Assistant Program are contingent upon completion of the following items with satisfactory results as deemed by the PA program.
- Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Physical Exam
- Acknowledgement of Technical Standards
To secure your seat in the Program a $150 non-refundable deposit is required.