Therapy Assistance Online (TAO)
What is TAO?
It may be helpful to think of TAO as an online library of engaging, interactive programs to learn life skills and to help you bounce back from disappointments or stumbling blocks in life. As you watch videos and engage with our interactive components, you'll gain the knowledge, self-awareness, and skills you need to achieve your goals.
You can complete TAO at your own pace, whether that's just one session a day, or perhaps two whole modules. It's entirely up to you.
Using TAO you will learn from different modules you chose to use! Some of these modules include:
- Calming Your Worry
You may select from two versions of this pathway: one focuses on broad life experiences, while the other is tailored to the challenges of the college student. In either version, you will learn to recognize and understand how your thoughts influence your feelings and behaviors. By learning to catch negative thoughts and consider them in a more positive light, you will find that you begin to act with greater confidence. As you realize you have control over your thoughts, you'll worry less about the challenges ahead, knowing that you have the ability to persist through difficulties.
- Let Go & Be WellResilience is the psychological concept of successfully processing and adapting to change and stress; this pathway guides you to a place where you can begin to accept and embrace your life fully- even its challenges. Improving your abilities to accept and adapt to unexpected events in your life can lead to a marked improvement in both functioning and mood. In addition to learning mindfulness techniques that allow you to practice being in the present moment, you will also begin to clarify and understand your own personal values. By committing to living a life that follows those priorities, you will likely find greater peace and well-being.
- Interpersonal Relationships & Communication
Relationships can be challenging sometimes. This pathway will help you understand how to improve your relationships by building communication skills, learning to recognize unhealthy relationship behaviors, and finding ways to manage anger. You'll also learn how to respond more effectively to others.
- Leave Your Blues Behind
When life feels low, it's easy to think negatively. This pathway will encourage you to find ways to think more positively; in doing so, you'll notice that you don't feel quite as blue anymore. As you learn to pay attention to your thoughts and find ways to view situations in a more constructive light, you'll find that your behaviors become more positive as well. This pathway also includes a section on mindfulness techniques, which will help you learn to be present in your life and find peace in the moment.
- Improving Your Mood
This pathway will teach you that there is some truth behind the phrase "fake it till you make it." When we feel down, it's easy to begin to withdraw from others, which leads to a cycle of continuing to feel blue. By learning to challenge yourself to engage with your life, even when you don't initially feel like it, you'll actually begin to feel better and think more positively.
How to Access Self Help Modules
There are multiple ways to access the self-help modules in TAO, but they all start
with signing up using the information providedbelow. Once you’re on the dashboard,
you’ll see an instant chat feature on the right side of the screen. Feel free to
chat with the TAO Assistant to help guide you to the modules you’re looking for.
If you would like to search independently, locate the search bar at the top of your
screen. Click on the magnifying glass and you will be able to search by category,
and/or see all self-help modules that TAO has to offer.
How to Sign Up
Click here and follow these steps to get started:
- Enter your name and email address on the enrollment form, use your university email address.
- Enter a password
- Leave the 'EnrollmentKey' field blank. Fill out the demographics and Informed Consent form, and click 'Sign Me Up!'
- Check your email. You will be sent a confirmation link which you must click on before signing in.