Graduate Certificate in Medical Sciences Application Process
The program accepts applications from January – May 1 (for summer admission consideration). Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Disclaimer: Admission into the Graduate Certificate in Medical Sciences does not guarantee admission into any other program within the Center for Health Sciences. Students seeking admission into the College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM) should inquire with their admissions department.
How to Apply
Application materials must be submitted online through the OSU Graduate College.
- Completed baccalaureate degree
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Completed coursework in English (2 semesters), Biology (2 semesters including laboratories), General Chemistry (2 semesters), and Organic Chemistry (2 semesters); *no grades lower than a “C”
- Submit statement of purpose describing your personal career goals and how the master’s degree will support those goals, a brief description of experience or qualifications, and your desired faculty mentor (see requirement details below).
- Graduate Certificate in Medical Sciences Supplemental Information Form: https://grad.okstate.edu/register/gcrtmedsci
Statement of Qualifications, Goals & Objectives
Upload to your application a one- to two-page, typed, double-spaced essay that addresses the following questions:
- What are your career goals?
- How will the program help you in achieving your goals?
- Why are you applying to this program?
- What personal strengths will help you attain your goals?
- What personal challenges do you face in achieving your goals?