Graduate Certificate in Medical Sciences Application Process
The program accepts applications from January – May 1 (for summer admission consideration). Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Disclaimer: Admission into the Graduate Certificate in Medical Sciences does not guarantee admission into any other program within the Center for Health Sciences. Students seeking admission into the College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM) should inquire with their admissions department.
How to Apply
Application materials must be submitted online through the OSU Graduate College.
- Applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree at a regionally accredited university; and
Applicants must have completed the following prerequisite courses with no grades lower than a “C:”
- English (2 semesters);
- Biology (2 semesters including laboratory);
- General Chemistry (2 semesters); and
- Organic Chemistry (2 semesters).
Statement of Qualifications, Goals & Objectives
Upload to your application a one- to two-page, typed, double-spaced essay that addresses the following questions:
- What are your career goals?
- How will the program help you in achieving your goals?
- Why are you applying to this program?
- What personal strengths will help you attain your goals?
- What personal challenges do you face in achieving your goals?