M.S. in Biomedical Sciences Admissions
Admissions to the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences is competitive and limited spots are available.
- Priority Deadline: March 1
- Application Deadline: May 31
How to Apply
Application materials must be submitted through the OSU Graduate College.
- Completed baccalaureate degree
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Completed coursework in the physical and life sciences (e.g., biology and chemistry)
- Submit three letters of recommendation (LOR) preferably from professors and/or supervisors familiar with your academic ability, work ethic, and skills. One LOR should be from a current faculty who indicates their support. (Applicants only need to provide their recommenders’ email addresses. Recommenders will then be emailed a link from which to upload their letter.)
- Submit statement of purpose describing your personal career goals and how the master’s degree will support those goals, a brief description of experience or qualifications, and your desired faculty mentor (see requirement details below).
- Applicants are to identify and contact a potential faculty mentor prior to application submission. This individual should be mentioned in the applicant’s cover letter, which can accompany the statement of purpose. Please attach a letter of support/recommendation from the potential mentor along with your statement of purpose and cover letter (see faculty mentor selection considerations below).
International students for whom English is a second language are required to have earned a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 550 (213 computer based or 79 Internet based).
Please review policy 5.0 in the Graduate College Catalog.
Statement of Qualifications, Goals & Objectives
Upload to your application a one- to two-page, typed, double-spaced essay that addresses the following questions:
- What are your career goals?
- How will the program help you in achieving your goals?
- Why are you applying to this program?
- What personal strengths will help you attain your goals?
- What personal challenges do you face in achieving your goals?
If you have any questions, please contact us: