Transfer Applicants/Admission with Advanced Standing
Applicants from other medical schools accredited by the American Osteopathic Association may be admitted to advanced standing at the beginning of the third year, provided that vacancies exist. OSU-COM does not consider transfer of students from LCME accredited programs.
To be considered for admission with advanced standing, students must meet the College’s general requirements for admission and submit documents required of applicants to the freshman class. Students from other colleges of osteopathic medicine admitted with advanced standing to OSU-COM must complete their last two years of instruction at OSU-COM.
A transfer applicant may be considered depending on vacancies (if any) available in the class. Consideration will be given only to a student who is in good standing at an AOA-accredited college of osteopathic medicine.
Applicants for transfer must submit the following to the Director of Admissions:
- A written request, including the reason for the transfer;
- A complete AACOMAS application, including all medical coursework completed and MCAT scores. A PDF of the AACOMAS application from the cycle in which the applicant was accepted to their current medical school may be submitted;
- A complete supplemental application to OSU-COM;
- Three letters of recommendation, two from faculty and one from a physician;
- A CASPer situational judgment test score; and
- A letter from the applicant’s medical school indicating that the student is or was in good standing at the time of transfer or withdraw.
All complete requests for transfer must be received by the Director of Admissions by December 1 prior to the year in which the applicant wants to transfer.
Medical coursework equivalent to that of Oklahoma State University must be completed up to the time transfer is sought. Consideration of the request will be based upon the applicant’s admissions qualifications and the number of vacancies (if any) that exist at that time.
Following receipt of the required documents, the Director of Admissions will determine if the applicant warrants an on-campus interview. All transfer admissions will be made through the student selection committee upon approval of the Dean.
Questions? Contact Us
Lindsey Yoder, M.S.
Director of Admissions