Guaranteed Interview Program
The OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine is committed to producing physicians for the state of Oklahoma. In doing so, OSU seeks to attract the brightest medical school applicants in the country.
How Does the Guaranteed Interview Program Work?
The Guaranteed Interview Program provides prospective students from partner universities in Oklahoma with a clear path to earn an interview with the OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine. Each university requires that students complete the academic requirements outlined by their specific institution.
Prospective students that have met the criteria for admission will be guaranteed an invitation to interview with the OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine admissions committee.
Who Should Apply to the Guaranteed Interview Program?
- Full-time student since matriculation at partner university*
- 3.5 or better grade point average (GPA)
- Complete the academic requirements outlined by each partner university**
- Score a minimum of 500 on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- First time applicant to apply to the Guaranteed Interview Program
**A comprehensive list of academic requirements for each partner university is listed below. Criteria may change from time to time as determined by the partner university.
How Does the Guaranteed Interview Program Admissions Process Work?
Qualified applicants should apply for the guaranteed interview program during their final year or within six months following graduation from a partner university.
The application process is as follows:
- Meet with OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine and your Pre-Health Advisor to discuss qualifications about the program
- Complete academic requirements for the Guaranteed Interview Program established by their institution
- Complete the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS) application by February 28
- Submit a secondary/supplemental application to OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine by March 30. Check the appropriate box on the supplemental application to indicate requirements for the Guaranteed Interview Program have been met
- Receive an invitation for an interview with OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine admissions committee
- Applicants will either be accepted for admission or will be invited to apply for admission during the following application cycle as a traditional applicant
- Applicants may only qualify for the Guaranteed Interview Program for one application cycle
- Applicants will be required to complete the CASPer test before OSU-COM will render an admissions decision
Partner Universities and Academic Requirements
Criteria may change from time to time as determined by the partner university. For a comprehensive list of program requirements for each partner university, please contact out admission team.
Mike Husak, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Agriculture, Biology and Health Sciences
Northeastern State University
Dr. Hector Gonzalez
Executive Director, Pre-Health Advisor
Northwestern Oklahoma State University
Steven J. Maier, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Natural Science
Oral Roberts University
Hal Reed, Ph.D.
Professor of Biology/Pre-Health Advisor
Oklahoma State University
Jessica Bullock, M.S.
Director, Pre-Professional Academic Support Services
Visit Pre-Professional Academic Support Services for more information
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
Dr. Diane Dixon
Chair/Professor, Biological Sciences
Southwestern Oklahoma State University
Instructor, Pre-Medical Advisor
University of Central Oklahoma
Dr. Caroline Bentley
Associate Professor, Health Professions Advisor
Oklahoma City University
Helen M. Gaudin, Ph.D.
Associate Dean and Professor of Biology
“The Guaranteed Interview program opened the door for me to be a student at OSU-COM. The criteria are clear for pre-med students that are academically prepared and excelled in college. Since I met the requirements, it relieved my stress to know I was getting an interview. The application process is very easy and I would encourage students to take advantage of this opportunity" - Paige Dixon