Skip to main content

Health Sciences

Open Main MenuClose Main Menu

State Residency Status

To qualify as an Oklahoma resident for tuition purposes, a student must be a lawful resident of the United States and meet one of the following two requirements:

Non-Independent Students

A non-independent student must have at least one parent, stepparent or court-appointed guardian who is an Oklahoma resident. Additionally, this parent, stepparent or court-appointed guardian must have claimed the student as a dependent on his/her federal income tax return for the previous year.


Independent Student

An independent student must have lived in Oklahoma in some capacity other than as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution for a period of at least twelve continuous months prior to matriculation.

Non-U.S. citizens who do not have a permanent resident visa at the time of application cannot be considered for admission.

Out-of-State Tuition Waiver

The OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine is offering admitted students with permanent residency in Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri an out-of-state tuition waiver if they score a 500 on their MCAT and have an overall 3.5 GPA. Admitted students with permanent residency from Texas who score at least a 500 on their MCAT and have a 3.5 GPA may be eligible for scholarships.

Back To Top