NOTICEIn response to the COVID-19 pandemic OSUCOM has adapted admissions processes for the 2021 application cycle. OSUCOM will:
- Accept all pass/fail/satisfactory/unsatisfactory coursework, regardless of whether your school required this, including pre-requisite coursework in the context of your entire academic history
- Accept all online coursework, including laboratory credits
- Review your application without all required laboratory coursework, if you can demonstrate that your institution was unable to provide these courses due to COVID-19; proof of completion may later be required
- Review your application and extend interview invitations prior to receiving your MCAT score, by evaluating experiences, academic metrics, and attributes that you have demonstrated in your application
- A letter of recommendation from a physician is preferred but not required
Required Admission DocumentsFor Admission and Scholarships at Oklahoma State University
- AACOMAS Application
- MCAT Score
- OSU-COM Supplemental Application
- Letters of Recommendation
- CASPer situational judgement test score
At the time of entry:
- Completion of at least three years (90 semester hours) and not less than 75 percent of the courses required for a baccalaureate degree at a regionally accredited college or university.
- Satisfactory completion of the following courses with no grade below “C” (2.0 on a
- English, 2 semesters
- Biology, 2 semesters (including laboratory)
- Physics, 2 semesters
- General Chemistry, 2 semesters
- Organic Chemistry, 2 semesters
- At least one upper division (3000-4000) level science course, including but not limited
- Human Anatomy or Comparative Anatomy
- Molecular Biology
- Cellular Biology
Competitive Applicant Criteria
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.6 (on 4.0 scale)
- Pre-Professional Science GPA of 3.6 (on 4.0 scale)
- Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) score of 500 or above
- Multiple upper-division (3000-4000 level) science courses within previous 12 months (3-5 strongly preferred)
- Clinical Experience and Community Involvement experience (i.e., physician shadowing, medical field hands-on experience, medical certifications, community service)
- Early application (begin June 1 of the year before planned matriculation)
Notice: The AACOMAS Repeat Coursework Policy will change effective May 1, 2017. For additional information, see full notice.
Minimum Performance Criteria
At the time of application:
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on 4.0 scale)
- Pre-professional Science GPA of at least 2.75 (on 4.0 scale)
- Minimum of 492 on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
- OSU only accepts MCAT scores earned within three years of the deadline for submitting the AACOMAS application for the application cycle.
Preference is given to applicants from Oklahoma. Non-U.S. citizens who do not have a permanent resident visa at the time of application cannot be considered for admission. Learn more about state residency status criteria.
Foreign Transcript Policy
The OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine will only accept credit for foreign coursework that has been evaluated by a U.S. evaluation service, when that evaluation report indicates that the coursework was similar to coursework taken at an institution that is comparable to a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. As such, any coursework taken at a foreign institution must undergo evaluation for U.S. equivalence by one of the evaluation services accepted by AACOMAS. View list of foreign evaluation services listed by AACOMAS.
The admissions committee recommends applicants for admissions. Final selection of
candidates to be offered admission is made by the Dean. All applicants must meet the
minimum requirements to be considered for admission.