Pediatric Obesity Medicine TeleECHO
Get expert knowledge in a virtual learning network with a multidisciplinary team of obesity medicine experts. Learn about best practices and evidence-based care for children and families struggling with obesity and being overweight.
Every Monday from 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm CST to join this ECHO session registration is a one-time requirement. Once registered, you will receive an ECHO participant guide with more information.
What does the Pediatric Obesity Medicine ECHO Offer?
Access to a team with over 40 years of combined experience in obesity prevention and treatment
- Collaboration, support, and ongoing learning with experts and other clinicians
- Support to assess and treat patients and their families in their medical home.
- Real-time clinical review of cases and program questions submitted by participants.
- Free CME for health care professionals *certain conditions apply
Why Pediatric Obesity Medicine ECHO?
- One-third of Oklahoma adults and nearly one in five children are obese
- The majority of Oklahomans are physically inactive
- Most Oklahomans do not meet recommended fruit and vegetable consumption recommendations
- Oklahomans experience high rates of diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease
- The leading causes of death in Oklahoma are preventable
Sessions will address multiple topics including but not limited to:
- Prevention and assessment
- Staged therapeutic options
- Community advocacy and coalition building
- Genetic, epigenetic, secondary, environmental, social, and behavioral causes of obesity
- Physiology of appetite and weight
- Bias and stigma
Our multidisciplinary team has over 40 years of combined experience in obesity prevention and treatment. Our team consists of a board-certified obesity medicine physician, licensed clinical psychologist, registered dietitian, exercise specialist, clinical pharmacist and nurse case manager.
Colony S. Fugate, D.O., FACOP
Diplomate, American Board of Obesity Medicine
Clinical Professor, Pediatrics Medical Director, Family Health and Nutrition Clinic
Sara Malone, M.S., RD/LD
Dietitian, Family Health and Nutrition Clinic
Kelly Murray, Pharm.D., BCACP
Clinical Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
Department of Emergency Medicine
Ginger L. Welch, Ph.D.
Clinical Associate Professor, Licensed Health Services Psychologist, Human Development and Family Science
Kerry Morgan, Ph.D., MCHES
Department of Kinesiology and Health Studies
University of Central Oklahoma
Project ECHO Clinical Coordinator
Submit A Case
To present a case at an upcoming Pediatric Obesity Medicine TeleECHO clinic, email Megan Claybrook, Clinical Coordinator at email@example.com to request an ECHO ID number. You will receive an ID and a link to a case presentation form to submit your case.