AHRQ ECHO National Nursing Home COVID-19 Action Network
Supported by the federal Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), and in collaboration with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), Project ECHO launched a National Nursing Home COVID-19 Action Network. Our team at OSU-CHS Project ECHO is participating in the Network as an official Training Center for nursing homes.
- Any Medicare or Medicaid-eligible nursing home can participate in the Nursing Home COVID-19 Network sessions
- Over 120 nursing homes joined the OSU-CHS Network.
- OSU-CHS’s Network held their last session on March 4.
- Please check back soon for any updates on additional sessions
Goals of the network:
- Keep SARS-CoV-2 from entering nursing homes.
- Early identification of residents and staff who have been infected with SARS-CoV-2
- Prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 between staff, residents, and visitors.
- Provide safe and appropriate care to residents with mild and asymptomatic cases of SARS-CoV-2.
- Ensure staff have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to implement best-practice safety measures to protect residents and themselves.
- Reduce social isolation for residents, families, and staff during these difficult times