- Contact the OSU-CHS IT Helpdesk to request an account - email@example.com
- Contact Research Librarian Courtney Kennedy for training and support - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training - https://redcap.okstate.edu/index.php?action=training
- Citation guidance for journal publication - https://projectredcap.org/resources/citations/
Research Electronic Data Capture
REDCap is an OSU-CHS supported platform for collecting research survey data. It is available for free to all OSU system students, faculty, and staff.
- What is REDCap?
REDCap was created in 2004 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (projectredcap.org). OSU Center for Health Sciences joined the REDCap Consortium in 2019. REDCap provides a secure method for building research surveys and meets HIPAA security standards. REDCap supports online, offline, and mobile data collection.
REDCap supports human subjects research and does not replace existing data collection tools administered by other campus units.
- What does REDCap do?
REDCap is intended to support clinical and human subject research by OSU system researchers. Prior to collecting research data, investigators must operate under an IRB protocol when applicable. Contact email@example.com for IRB data sharing, and related questions.
- Who uses REDcap?
REDCap is used by 5,300 research organizations in 142 countries. REDCap is used by over 100 OSU researchers on five campuses, including social sciences graduate students and research centers. System administration is provided by Health IT. Training and support are provided by the Medical Library. The server environment uses HIPAA protected health information best practices.
- What are the advantages of using REDCap?
- Secure and web-based. Input data from anywhere in the world with secure web authentication, data logging, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Fast and flexible. Conception to production-level database in less than one day.
- Multisite access. Projects can be used by researchers from multiple sites and institutions.
- Fully customizable. You are in total control of shaping your database or survey.
- Advanced question features. Auto-validation, branching logic, and stop actions.
- Mid-study modifications. You may modify the database or survey at any time during the study.
- Data import functions. Data may be imported from external data sources to begin a study or to provide mid-study data uploads.
- Data comparison functions. Double data entry / Blinded data entry.
- Export survey results to common data analysis packages. Export your data to Microsoft Excel, SAS, STATA, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Save your survey or forms as PDFs. Generate a PDF version for printing in order to collect responses offline